USAF Academy – Cadet Gym Modernization Phase II
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The U.S. Air Force Academy Cadet Gym Modernization project includes the interior alterations of approximately 150,000 SF to A and B levels of a five-level occupied higher education athletic complex. The scope of work includes a complete demolition and renovation of:
- Locker rooms with the addition of over 1,400 new lockers, new showers, new steam room, new sauna, and new therapy pools.
- Renovations to the polo pool area
- New human performance lab complete with hydrostatic weighing equipment, vision testing, and aerobic testing equipment
- New diver training and rock climbing walls.
- New structural glazed masonry walls
- New upgraded finishes throughout
- New fire suppression system
- New mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Building remained occupied and functioning during construction
“In my capacity as one of the project designers from RNL on Cadet Gym Project, I have had the opportunity to work with a large number of general contractors on this complex project. Centerre stands out has having the rare combination of professionalism and honesty along with high standards of quality.”